Privacy and Information Sharing
- We believe every carer/client has the right to privacy and confidentiality in all aspects of his or her life.
- Staff, Contractors and Volunteers will not discuss personal details of carers or clients with anyone without the carer or clients permission, unless:
- we are obliged by law to disclose this information regardless of consent or consent has been refused or otherwise;
- legally required, it is unsafe or impossible to gain consent or consent has been refused, and
- without information being shared, it is anticipated a person or group of people will be at risk of serious harm, abuse or neglect or pose a risk to their own or public safety.
- Personal information is stored securely on the organisational database or in a locked filing cabinet.
- Carers and clients (and their authorised agent/guardian) have the right to access their personal information upon written request to the Executive Officer; and if needed can seek to have any inaccurate information corrected.
- Carers, care recipients and clients will be asked to sign Consent to Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information Form to allow us to collect, use and share information in the provision of support and services. Permission can be withdrawn at any time.
- We are required to release information about services users (without identifying them by full name or address) to the Australian Government and to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, to enable statistics about services and clients to be compiled.
The information will be kept confidential and is used for statistical purposes only.
A copy of the Privacy Act 1988, Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, and SA Government Information Sharing Guidelines are available for viewing at our offices.
Privacy and Confidentiality: Carers and Disability Link believes that every carer and client have the right to privacy and confidentiality in all aspects of his or her life, and is committed to adhere to the Privacy Act, and all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
Work Health and Safety: Carers and Disability Link is committed to supporting a workplace which is conducive to the health, safety and well being of its employees, volunteers, visitors and the general public.
Duty of Care: Carers and Disability Link are committed to meeting our legal Duty of Care responsibilities to carers, clients, staff, volunteers and the general public whilst also supporting their right to make informed choices and take calculated risks. It is important to acknowledge that we have a zero tolerance to the abuse of vulnerable people in our communities.
Smoke Free Environment: Carers and Disability Link acknowledge the health risk of passive smoking to either employees or members of the public, and aim to provide a smoke-free environment within and surrounding all its premises.
Staff: Carers and Disability Link aim to establish a workforce that will uphold the philosophies, principles and objectives of the organisation and value staff and their input at all levels.
Volunteering: We believe that Volunteers contribute greatly to the development of strong, sustainable communities, as well as adding to the contribution their service makes in each community.
Complaints: Carers and Disability Link encourages open communication between all parties in the interests of fostering sound working relationships. A copy of Carers and Disability Link Complaints Policy and Procedure is available on request.
Carers and Disability Link policies and procedures will be made available on request.
Unless otherwise stated, all content on this website is the property of Carers & Disability Link, and may not be reproduced without prior permission.
You may use content from this site for personal, non-commercial use, or for journalism or review purposes – please provide a link to this website www.CarersAndDisabilityLink.support with any published material.
We take great care to ensure that information on this site is accurate and up-to-date – however, we cannot guarantee that this information will be correct at all times, or is fit for any particular purpose.
Your use of this publicly available information is at your discretion.