The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australia-wide scheme established to assist those living with a lifelong disability to meet the reasonable and necessary costs of living life to their fullest potential.
Similar to Medicare, the NDIS is an insurance scheme approach that shares the costs of assistance across the wider community.
Essentially the NDIS provides individuals with the choice and control for how they receive services which help them to achieve targeted goals for their life.
Once assessed as being eligible for the Scheme, Participants complete a plan that outlines their goals and aspirations and identifies funding available to help achieve these goals.
Carers and Disability Link is a registered NDIS provider. This means we can offer a range of services that are funded through the NDIS to help participants achieve the goals of their NDIS plans.
We are approved to provide:
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports – we can provide specific mentoring and peer support at different stages of your life
- Assistance with daily personal activities – we can support you with your day-to-day routine
- Assistance with travel/transport arrangements – we can provide transport
- Development of daily living and life skills – we can support you to learn new skills or improve the skills you need to live as independently as possible
- Household tasks – we can help with household chores
- Participation in community, social and civic activities – we can support you to access and/or participate in activities within your community
- Therapeutic supports – we can support children to increase their independence and skills to participate in their community through Social Skills training
We will only charge the scheduled fees for NDIS participants—there will be no hidden extras, no surprise fees.
I have an NDIS Plan and have been approved to receive Plan Management and/or Support Coordination – what should I do?
Contact our friendly staff on 8562 4000 to discuss your needs. We will work with you to ensure you are able to access the supports approved in your NDIS Plan.