For the Over 65s, Carers and Disability Link offers a variety of interesting and meaningful ‘Social Support Groups and Centre Based Respite Programs’ for the over 65’s every week. Carers and Disability Link also offer Flexible Respite, which is a respite opportunity for a Carer to have a ‘planned break’ from their caring role. ‘These programs are funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
We Welcome You to Join a Local Group
Food, Fun & Friendship (FFF) Outing
The Outing offers the following benefits to people who attend:
> Opportunity to tour a different part of the countryside & experience different scenery
> The enjoyment of a delicious lunch time meal in a Hotel, Restaurant of Café
> The sharing of social conversation with other people within your community
A CADL Staff member and Volunteer attends each outing.
Barossa Bush Gardens & Carers and Disability Link Social Support Groups
We facilitate two groups:
- Monday’s group is for the Gentlemen
- Wednesday’s group is for the Ladies
Activities are conducted by a qualified Bushgardens Tutor with the support and assistance of Carers’ and Disability Link Contractors and Volunteers.
- Planting seedlings
- Nature walks
- Arts in nature activities
- Garden design
- Care of plants
- Nursery skills
- Fun, fresh air, fellowship
‘Hello Monday’ & ‘Caring Coffee Club’ Groups
Hello Monday Club: Every Monday
Caring Coffee Club: Every Wednesday
- Social games & quizzes, music & entertainment , cooking & crafts, fun and reminisce, bus trips and guest speakers
- Activities are conducted by a qualified Lifestyle Coordinator with the support and assistance of our Contractors and Volunteers
- Enjoy a delicious home made meal, good conversation and meaningful activities.