'People who need people …' is more than just a phrase from a popular song. Having friends and outside interests can make a difference in living healthier lives and feeling more settled and positive.
Things you should know
Carers’ and Disability Link offers a variety of interesting and meaningful ‘Social Support Groups’ for the over 65’s every week. We also offer respite opportunities for people who are caring for someone who is over 65, frail aged and/or experiencing dementia.
How do I join a group?
Please contact your local office and one of our friendly staff will be able to help you decide which group is right for you.
Question question question
Answer answer answer answer
- Are you lonely?
- Would you like to meet more people?
- Are you over 65?
- Would you enjoy a home cooked lunch?
- Are you looking for interesting, fun and meaningful activities to do?
- Have you ever wanted to learn to dance… but never had the chance?
- Have you ever wondered how plants are grown at the Barossa Bushgardens?
- Do you enjoy music and listening to Concerts and engaging Guest Speakers?
- Have you ever wanted to be a part of a positive community endeavour?
- Would you like a chance to meet new friends in a supportive and warm environment?
- Have you been the type of bloke that likes to tinker in his shed and might enjoy joining a men’s workshop that creates gifts for their loved ones?
If the answer is yes to any of these then Carers’ and Disability Link have a group that will be just right for you…