Carers and Disability Link work together closely with the local communities by not only providing services but by education and support. Carers and Disability Link provide activities in the community to also educate the community enabling social inclusion.
We at Carers & Disability Link take pride in our communities and enjoy partaking in community events & activities where our Carers, Clients, Volunteers and Staff can work together as a team.
Things you should know
- Carers and Disability Link founded Dementia Friendly Communities which works together with the community to improve awareness of dementia
- Carers and Disability Link provide a Service Provider Network for families entering into the NDIS
- Carers and Disability Link run educational programs and forums at little or no cost to the community
- Carers and Disability Link Link have a Christmas float in the annual Barossa Christmas parade
- The Vintage Festival is a large community event held in the Barossa Valley and in 2017 Carers and Disability Link had a float in the Vintage Parade to raise awareness and promote services for people with disabilities, who are over 65, who are carers or young carers and who need support.