NDIS Support Coordination
Carers and Disability Link, formerly Carers Link, provides NDIS Support Coordination services.
What is NDIS Support Coordination?
Support Coordination provides assistance to NDIS Participants to put in place the supports provided in their Plan.
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) defines support coordination as:
‘Assistance to strengthen participants’ abilities to coordinate and implement supports and participate more fully in the community’
Support Coordination can come in different levels of intensity based on each participant’s need.
If approved by the NDIA, your level of Support Coordination will be noted in your NDIS Plan.
Support coordination can include:
- linking participants to providers
- coordinating a range of supports both funded and mainstream
- building on informal supports
- resolving points of crisis
- parenting training
- developing participant resilience in their own network and community
- increasing the participant’s ability to manage their own NDIS Plan in the future
If you would like this type of assistance please ensure you ask for this at the time of your NDIS planning meeting.