Value and Action Statements
- Are responsive to individual differences, cultural diversity and preferences.
- Promote, assist, empower and enhance the needs of Carers and those they care for.
- Preserve the rights of Carers and Clients and work in partnership with them to exercise choice and control.
- Strengthen access options to external services.
- Raise the profile of Carers and Clients roles and their contributions within our communities.
- Encourage Carers to identify themselves as Carers, to understand their needs, and to have these needs recognised.
- Identify service gaps and advocate for additional services to meet the perceived need.
- Advocate for services to improve access and equity.
- Support people with disabilities to pursue their goals and maximise their independence.
- Communicate and promote accessible and relevant information.
- Take seriously our environmental responsibilities with a commitment to the long term aims of sustainable protection of the environment.