Barossa Valley Disability Services Coordinator
Carers and Disability Link (CADL) is a highly respected, quality community service provider operating in the Barossa Valley, Yorke Peninsula Adelaide Hills & Fleurieu regions.. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity and equality in the workplace. Through the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) we are experiencing strong growth within the area of disability services, specifically in providing care and support to people living in our community.
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate, self driven individual to join our experienced Disability Services Team, based in Nuriootpa, Barossa Valley. It is essential that you possess excellent written skills, coupled with highly effective communication skills, administration and computer skills. We offer this exciting opportunity as a permanent part- time position, up to 30 hours per week (with relief hours when required). Hours may be negotiated for the ideal applicant.
Applicants possessing the following elements coupled with the intrinsic requirements of the Position Description will be highly regarded.
- NDIS participant engagement through service agreements and care plans
- An ability to work collaboratively with other disability service providers under NDIS plans.
- Coordination of Supports for NDIS participants.
- Leadership, team work, planning and relationship building abilities
- A demonstrated understanding of the potential needs, barriers and opportunities of persons living with disability and their primary carer/s
- A demonstrated ability to meet personal goals, client driven outcomes and the organisations targets
- The ability to provide professional services with dignity and respect
- Empathy and drive in order to meet the needs of the target group
- Effective time management
- Evidence of qualifications in disability, aged care or community services or equivalent
- Certificate in Community Services Coordination is desirable but not essential
The successful applicant must possess a current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening or a Department of Human Services Disability Clearance & Disability Services Employment Screening, and a Child Safe Environments certificate, or be prepared to obtain these.
The terms and conditions of this role are set against the SCHC&DS Industry Award, and the successful applicant will be employed at Level 3 or 4 depending on qualifications
Phone: (08) 8389 7383 for a copy of the position description, or email: email@example.com
Applicants must address the selection criteria and apply to:
Ms Kate Preiss
Carers and Disability Link
39 Onkaparinga Valley Road Woodside SA 5244
By COB Friday 15/11/2019
Download the Position Description here:- JD DCS Coordinator 2019